Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Officer Jones in 3DS Max


This is my complete 3D model of Officer Jones made in 3DS Max.

I started making him by importing the two pictures I made of him in Photoshop, and started making a model based around those images. I started with the body first, with a cylinder. I did this by simply selecting a cylinder in the Create menu, then drawing one, then modelling it to size. I then modelled it to make it into the shape it became, by extruding the lower half out, and the upper half in. Then, I made his head with a sphere. His legs were made with two cylinders and a sphere, and so were his arms. His feet are cubes that had to be extruded and shaped a lot. His hands are a sphere for a wrist, a cube for the main part of the hand, and fingers are very small and long cuboids.

The only real difficulties I encountered during this project was sometimes not knowing what I was doing. For example, I didn't know how to extrude the body at first. So I just asked the tutor or a fellow classmate when I had a problem. I also needed a bit of help with modelling the feet because I didn't know how to model them into real feet.

Overall, I am very pleased with this project. It was a lot of fun modelling the character, and I learned quite a few new things while making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment