Thursday, June 25, 2009

My 3DS Max Bouncing Ball animation evaluation

Does the end product match your original intentions?
Yes, it did match my original intentions. It works how I wanted it.

Is the end product appropriate for your intended audience?
Yes. It would be appropriate to show my intended audience, typically in the age of 7+ range.

Discuss the technical aspects of your work and highlight the strengths/areas to develop.
I created my animation in Autodesk 3DS Max. I created the ball, the stairs, the ramp, and the teapot. I then animated the ball so that it bounces down the steps, rolls along the ramp, and hits the teapot sitting on the ledge above. I liked the camera rotating around the scene, but I wasn’t so keen on the animation being a bit dodgy, i.e. not being smooth, or realistic.

Discuss the aesthetical aspects of your work and highlight the strengths/areas to develop.
All the objects in the animation are different colours. I chose this because I felt that having everything different colours would be more interesting than just one colour. I thought it looked effective, especially the part where the ball knocks the teapot off the ledge. I think it would have worked better if the teapot fell off the ledge further, as it only falls a bit then stops.

What have you learnt from this experience?
I have learnt more about how to use 3DS Max, as before I started this course, I had absolutely no knowledge of the program whatsoever, so I’ve learnt a whole lot more of how to use 3DS Max.

Did you meet the deadline?
Yes.

Did you have any problems with time management?
No.

If you had the opportunity to make this product again, would you do anything different?
Yes, I would improve the animation greatly, i.e. I would spend more time making the animation better quality, improve the physics, and make it seem more realistic.

Are you happy with the overall product?
Yes, but as I’ve said, if I made it again, I would improve it.

This is the rendered version of my 3Ds max animation.


Here is a link to an animation where I got my original ideas from, and the quality I was aiming for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQc9L2ygbp4&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment